| `Ohi`a Kai is one block mauka from pono kai resort, which is on the beach. The location of `Ohi`a Kai Cottage is ideal for vacationers, business visitors, and residents seeking short-term housing. It is on a quiet lot one block from Kuhio Highway within convenient walking distance of the beach, several churches, and the shopping and dining pleasures of downtown Kapa`a. It is approximately nine miles from Lihue Airport, a 15 minute drive at non-peak times. Haena State Park, at the end of the road when driving north, past Hanalei is about an hour’s drive, as is Kekaha, the southwestern end of the road. Haena is where you’ll find Ke`e Beach and the trailhead to the spectacular Na Pali Coast trail.
Driving Directions from the Airport: Click here to Print: Map & Directions
- To reach `Ohi`a Kai from Lihue Airport, turn right at the traffic light as you’re leaving the airport.
- The road becomes Kuhio Highway at the next traffic light.
- Continue straight for about nine miles.
- Along the way you will cross the Wailua River, pass the Coconut Marketplace shopping and dining complex on your right, pass two adjacent shopping centers on your left, pass more restaurants on your left, and come to a traffic light in front of a small shopping complex with a Big Save grocery store, U.S. Post Office, and Shell gas station.
- A few blocks further and you will see a left-turn only lane in front of the Latter Day Saints Church.
- There is no traffic light here, but you will see the entrance to Pono Kai resort directly to your right and a sign welcoming you to downtown Kapa`a in the grassy area ahead.
- Turn left onto `Ohia Street. Note that this is a 90° turn.
- `Ohi`a Kai, clearly marked with green signs, it's four houses down, at the end of this short street, just before the gate to a county property.
- `Ohi`a Kai Vacation Rentals - Kauai
4566 Ohia St. Kapa`a, HI 96746
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (808) 822-5955
Popular Visitor Destinations:
Some popular visitor destinations and approximate driving times from `Ohi`a Kai include: